Thursday, May 9, 2013

Happy Mother's Day From Neighborhood Chem-Dry

Dedicated to my mother Laretta Whitworth

THANKS TO OUR MOTHERS...
"A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking."    -- Helen Rice

Mothers do so much for their children and believe in them when others don't.  When I was in high school, I had aspirations of being a professional singer.  My mother approached the high school choir director, Mr. Power, to see if it would be possible for me to take private lessons.  I don't think the choir director was very impressed with my abilities, and he didn't offer any options.  My mother continued to help me reach my goals by approaching a college choir director, Mr. Clyde Luke, who was a professor at the local junior college (Ricks College, which is now BYU-Idaho) in the small Idaho city of Rexburg where we lived.   He agreed to work with me and to help me improve my vocal abilities.  I worked with him for several months and practiced the skills he taught me.
 
Towards the end of the school year, there was a vocal competition at our school.  I entered and prepared a solo to sing.  I was a little surprised when I entered the room to present my solo and saw that Mr. Power's wife was to be the judge of my solo.  After I sung my solo, I remember Mrs. Power telling me that she enjoyed it and that I should consider taking private lessons...and that her husband was available for those lessons.  I have to admit, it gave me great satisfaction to tell her that I was already taking private lessons at Ricks and that I would not need to take lessons from her husband. 
 
I am very thankful to my mother that she was interested enough in my goals and desires to find a way for me to develop my talents.  It took a sacrifice of finances and time on her part to provide me with the opportunity of taking voice lessons.  I went on to join the Ricks College Acappella Choir, which I thoroughly enjoyed during my first year of college.  There are other similar stories like this from my life when my mother encouraged me to pursue my dreams and to accomplish my goals.

In honor of Mother's Day Neighborhood Chem-Dry would like to offer special pricing on our Carbonated Hard Floor Surface Cleaner.  The normal price is $9.99, but during the month of May the price will be just $5.99.  The Hard Floor Surface cleaner is to be used with Chem-Dry's "The Razor" hard floor cleaning mop.  The hard floor cleaning system with the washable/reuseable microfiber cleaning pads can be used on most types of hard floor surfaces such as tile, vinyl, linoleum, laminate, and finished wood floors.  It is great at removing dirt from hard surfaces around your home.  If you would like to know about the other Household Solutions offered by Neighborhood Chem-Dry that can help you save time and money when tackling your household cleaning chores, or to purchase all Household Solutions, please call Mark at 214.680.7659, or email me at info@neighborhoodchemdry.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment